Friday, January 26, 2007

We have Keys!

Well I just received a call from Aaron saying that he has the keys to the new house! That's wicked! We now are offical home oweners. Aaron spent the morning painting at the new place and is exhausted. I painted last night and am exhausted today. We'll be moving everything in tomorrow and I'm sure just be over the moon to stay our first night in our house. But be extremely exhausted the next day. But its all worth it. After all the stress of trying to get a mortgage and then something coming threw and others not, it will be great to finally be in there. There might be some issues later one but that comes with all homes.

We both love the idea that we now have a place to call home, not the apartment or my parents place. It's ours and we can do what we want to it. It's just the perfect size for the both of us. Over the next few years we will do upgrades and change the decor but it takes time and money. I really want to make the place ours.

Since everything has been in boxes for a full year. We both can't wait to open all the boxes and see what we actaully own. I also have to take some of the stuff that is in my Mom's kitchen back. She'll be missing some of the stuff I'm sure. She has already order the kitchenaid mixer since I will be wanting mine back.

Next step will be to get the internet and cable hooked up. We figure with us both having cell phones that a home phone isn't nessary. But we'll have to watch the minutes on both phones. I think that it is more common this day in age for people to just have cell phones. Why not then your always reachable or un reachable :P.

One thing that we don't have in the new place other then groceries is storage. Yikees! I mean obviously we'd rather have livable space then storage but we do have Christmas stuff, which is currently at my office, Halloween and camping gear. We're definately glad to have a second bedroom but I don't want it to be the dumping grounds for everything that doesn't have a place. We'll figure it out, that's what closets are for aren't they?

I know we have like no money now obviously, but I still want to go out and start shopping for stuff now that we can. We have a list of things that we want like table, fridge, couch, stove, nicer TV, bed frame, the list goes on. There are always things like redoing the bathroom thats on the list but those will come later on. Once you have the house you want to start working on it right away, but what sucks is we there's no money after buying the place. We'll have to save a penny at a time so it add up in the long run and buy one thing at a time.

This is really exciting. I can't wait to get off of work and start moving over stuff. Everyone hates moving, but I just can't wait to get everything in there. This weekend will go by so fast I know it. But I can't wait for Sunday so that we can actually wake up in our new place and we can start un packing. Woo Hoo!

No comments: