Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby on the Way!

Another long time since we've posted but now with hours to days away from delivereing our first baby I thought since I'm up at 5 am why not post something. I want to make a blog so that all of our family and friends will be able to see pictures of our little boy growing up and its easier then sending out mass emails.

I'm technically due on May 17th only 6 days to go technically. I've been having contractions since Thursday and everyday I think I'm in labour because they get worse and they get closer together and then they stop. It's driving me nuts right now. Yesterday I was in lots of pain all day but nothing. I'm going to the doctor's today at 10 am. Hopefully she will tell me some good news.

This little one is trying to spite us all by coming on his own sweet time. I was hoping for May 1 or 2 and then I said the latest the 7th. My Mom and Dad said with the full moon on Saturday and my brother wanted either Friday or Monday to make it a long weekend. But nothing so far. I really wanted to be a mother for Mothers Day. I though how nice would that be. But nope. Not happening. Although, my little one did get a message through to Aaron to give to me and some beautiful flowers. It's amazing how young they learn to text... Kidding.

I think we've tried everything now to get him out and nothing is working. I know it just means he will come on his own sweet time. But I'm impatient, as anyone will tell you. This will be my third week off of work. We can't afford not to ave the baby soon. Maternity leave only kicks in once he is born. So far since I've been off I've gotten lots done. Baking, cleaning, thank you cards, the baby's room is all complete. I did sit on the couch for 1 day and did nothing. I almost watched an entire season of the Office, played Rock Band. All the things that once he gets here I will be like "What did we do before baby?!" It's true through. Everyone says it and once he is here I will yearn for that down time. But I can't wait for him to get here to enjoy him and to take care of him. There will be no time in the beginning I know but slowly I will gain the knowledge of multitasking in the home. I've already got that mastered with work.

Anyways, the plan today is to hurry up and wait for this little one to come :)

No comments: