Thursday, May 3, 2007

Home Reno

Here is another update on us, we’ve had some pretty crazy weekends the past few months and we just can’t wait for the summer.

On Saturday I had to go into the salon for 9 and I thought well I should cut Aaron’s hair since I will be going there so I told him and he said well I have to change my shirt then so I was like ok go ahead. He went down stairs grabbed a shirt and was pulling it over his head when he hit the light cover for the light on the stairs and it fell to the floor and broke. We corralled Teaka into the bathroom and we left since I was running late.

I cut Aaron’s hair at the salon and then her went home and cleaned up the mess. Then he wasn’t sure what time I was finishing at the store but he thought he would stop by on his way to HD because he was just going to look around while waiting for me. The day before I told Aaron that he could just walk around HD with out having to buy anything, Boy am I red. Since I had to go back at close I thought well I will leave now and come back later. So we went to HD. We go straight to the lamp section and well you can get 2 lights for $11 so why not well if we’re going to do 2 we might as well do all 4. So we also thought about getting the sticks for the windows, for security reasons and then as we past the door knob section we looked at door knobs we wanted some new ones. So we look at that and he picks up 2 nice nickel chrome ones.

After that we decided to look for paint and Aaron went in search of some wood. Anyways 15 minutes later and my jackets off and I’m pouring over like 6 colours and Aaron walks up to me with an 8 foot stick in his hand. I pick the colour and make sure it’s a good colour and then pick up the white paint too because you know we need that too. Then of course some paint supplies. We go home and start Aaron changing the lights and started painting the doors white and the trims too and me painting.

When I started painting the front hall I asked Aaron “Can you take of the doors for the closet ?” He did and then since we were at it we’d been talking about change the closet any ways to just hooks and not one for hangers. So Aaron took apart then entire closet and we cleaned and puttied it up and so then we had an empty closet.

The next day we went back to HD and we bought another can of paint and since we changed all the other lights in the house we wanted to look at one for the dinning area. Found one for pretty cheap. $60. So in that went to the basket. Then since we have no closet we had to buy hooks. I didn’t realize they were so freaking expensive. We were in the same section for the knobs and we picked up the rest of the knobs for the house minus 1 because I can’t count. We looked at carpeting for the front entrance but didn’t like any thing as much so we didn’t get that. But now we need a bench, pictures, mirrors and I want to see if he could put in a pot light into the closet too, so we’d have more light.

We also looked at changing the plumbing in the kitchen we need to do that still. We have the faucet just not the stuff to do it with. We also want to buy a new fan for above the stove. We also looked at the kitchen stuff. Sigh! I know when people say you buy a house we spend money its true. But it’s the work. But you know the house looks like a model home and I love it. It’s ours and its just so much more different. So we were both exhausted on Sunday night after working for 2 days straight which we hadn’t anticipated.

Teaka was in the windows the entire time make the neighbors feel horrible that she was in side and they were out side. It got really nice on Sunday afternoon and it was warm so people ran outside and did all sorts of stuff. The 2 ladies asked me if they could take Teaka and watch her outside for us. I was like no she is a big girl she can handle staying inside. Jeez she is cat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.