Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A little up date

It’s been a while since we posted, we’ve been super busy! Wow. But we are settled and everything is wonderful. We love our new place so much. It’s a great place with a great location. Being close to anything and everything. Aaron has come down with a horrible cold. That doesn’t seem to want to go away. Work for me has been extremely busy with new things happening and being so busy you have no clue what to do with yourself. Aaron’s work is the opposite with not a heck of a lot going on. I feel bad for Aaron because trying to stay awake when you have nothing to do with a cold is the worst! Plus it’s snowing today, a first in a while. I take the bus in to work and at our new place I can leave 20 minutes later and still make it to work super early. So I love it. But the buses leave something to be desired like hello! Do you know you should slow down when the roads are horrible. Just because you’re a bus doesn’t mean your invincible. But then I would rather be sitting on the big bus then being in the car with a big bus on my butt. So I will stick with my bus and be ready brace at any moment. Teaka has adjusted very well to the move and she’s been back to my parent’s place twice and settles in with in seconds and is eating Sasha’s food. The only traumatizing part is the car for her. I love having her around because at night when I am all by myself I can talk to her instead of myself and that way it looks like I’m not quite as crazy as others may thing J Aaron and I haven’t been eating out which we used to do a lot, but we’re making dinners. The grocery bill is pretty high still. The first few weeks it was like watch out don’t look when they ring it up. But now its getting better and slowly stocking up on things like my baking goods. It takes time to make a house and build it up. We had nothing so slowly we are adding to it.

We bought a couch this weekend at the Brick. They were advertising huge sales and we were able to get a really good deal. Yeay! $900 couch that we got for $489 how sweet is that. It will match everything perfectly and we also got the warranty incase something happens to it. It’s the one thing I say ok to a warranty to. Like I was saying to someone this past weekend, I’m not going to buy a warranty for a good old Tube TV but I will for the new couch or a new TV.

We also finished painting our bedroom. It was the last spot we didn’t get done due to not having enough time. But it looks great out nice blue bedroom. We’ve put up shelves in the living room and laundry room and since we had enough paint for the bedroom we painted the bathroom. I love the colour. The very last night is to paint the halls. We have the hall in the front and then from the stairs down. If we have enough I might paint the 2nd bathroom upstairs.

It’s funny, you always strive to reach certain goals. Once you have accomplished your goal you want to set another one. In life most people have “the Goals” get a job, meet your soul mate (some people don’t know what that is :P), get married, buy a house, have kids. Ok So check, check, check, and next have kids. I’m mature for my age if you asked me I would say I feel more in my late 20s then early 20s. I like that I have accomplish so many things so young but at the same time I feel to young to start having kids. Ok no I don’t feel too young, we don’t have the money plus I want more time with Aaron. I just feel like that’s the next goal in life and I want to move on to it. I’m glad I have a beautiful house that we know own and I guess I’m just excited to start the next phase in my life.

I see so many others my age that are still partying it up in University, or going back to college. It’s so odd. It’s like settle down already but people think of it as a shock when they see me married, 2 diplomas, and now a house. I guess I’m an odd one but I never saw a point to going out getting drunk and partying constantly. It’s odd to me to see that. Not to say that it isn’t fun because sometimes I think man I wish I was there. But then I think about how lucky I am to have found all of this and a wonderful person to share that with.

Oh well. We have a date for our next goal and I think it’s a good date. I can’t wait and time does fly. We will be ready and again I will be very young but I think that is for the best.

No comments: